Monday, February 11, 2013

Iniesta: “It was a great morning for football”

0 komentari

The midfielder provided an assist and scored a goal this afternoon against Getafe and he noted that "the best thing is that the team won" 

Cristian Tello, who was subbed on in the second half, said, "it was a fantastic game, I'm very pleased that I was able to participate"


Andrés Iniesta served up the first goal toAlexis with a magnificent pass, and later, he scored the 5-1. When asked about his contribution to Barça’s thumping 6-1 victory against Getafe, Iniesta said that “it’s good that we all contributed, but in the end the best thing is that the team won and that we played well.” On the brilliant form he’s been on in recent weeks, the midfielder explained that “there are seasons that I’ve played almost every match, I try to stay at the same level and I try to improve.”

Happy with the kick off time

For the first time this season Barça featured in a midday match. The Camp Nou faithful flocked to the stadium - 85,610 of them - and the players didn’t disappoint. Iniesta declared that it was “a great morning for football, it was spectacular.”

Iniesta’s fantastic performance was capped off by goal, but after the match the midfielder noted that “my happiness isn’t dependent on if I score or not; rather, it’s knowing that I did a good job.” Finally, the third best player in the world talked about the goal Barça conceded in the second half: “conceding a goal shouldn’t worry us. Our opponents also play, they create their chances and they can score.”

Tello finds the back of the net

Crisitan Tello only needed a few minutes to leave his mark on this afternoon’s match. The Catalan forward noted, “it was a great game, I’m very pleased that I got to participate and that I was able to score.” When asked to rate his performance, Tello said, “I work hard in order to improve and I try to do as much as possible when I play. I scored with my first shot and I’m happy.”

Tello also talked about this afternoon's unusual kick off time, “we’re used to playing at night, but personally I really liked playing at noon.” In addition, he said, “the team wasn’t affected by the schedule,” and he noted “many of us have played at noon when we were playing for the youth teams.” 

Here are Gerard Piqué’s post-match comments:

“We felt great on the pitch, a lot of people were able to make it to the stadium and the atmosphere was fantastic.”

“It wouldn’t be an inconvenience if we had to play at the same time in the future.”

“We have a very complete team. A few players that don’t usually enjoy a lot of minutes [on the pitch] got to play today and they proved that they are at a good level. This gives us tranquility.”

“We’re lucky that we get to enjoy Andrés (Iniesta), and we have to take advantage of the fact that he plays for Barça.”









0 komentari: